Wednesday, December 12, 2012

12.12.12

12.12.12....our 5 year Family Day.  And as my sister reminded me - a new moon.  I am excited for the possibilities!  We are leaving for Vietnam on Sunday morning.  After over a year of planning I can't believe it is finally here.  12 of us board a plane at 6 am.  We meet up with 4 more in Chicago.  And then 4 more on day 3 in Vietnam.  While I am not looking forward to the flight, I cannot wait to get there.  The smells.  The food.  The people.  Can't wait to see what has changed and what feels exactly the same. 

As I look back on the past 5 years I cannot believe this life we have together.  I had no idea what I was getting into!  Here is one of my favorite photos from 12.12.2007.  He was a little gumby boy!  Check out the socks that go up half his leg.  And those cheeks - don't you just want to squeeze them? 

Next post from Vietnam!

2 comments:

Lee said...

That side eye of his is fantastic! Safe and happy travels...

Anonymous said...

I hate to admit this, but I was surprised to read it has been 5 years. Glorious, wondrous years. I still remember the little bistro in NYC where you announced you were adopting!! Wishing you both a wonderful trip.

Deb-Walla Walla