Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Crawling along...


That is how our time seems sometimes! Trey is starting to get the hang of the crawling thing. It is harder since he is now on hardwood, but every once in a while he will crawl for a bit. Then it is right back to scooting!

The past few days have been pretty quiet. It is usually afternoon before we get out of the hotel due to naps, but then we try to do something fun. Yesterday was the Art Museum. Trey dug it, he is very advanced that way. I am not all that into art museums but this one was really beautiful. Unfortunately we got there pretty late so we were not able to spend as much time as I would have liked.

Today I didn't get out of the hotel until 5pm (except for a quick, cold run!). I woke Trey out of his morning nap by talking on the phone so he made up for it this afternoon! But we did get out for a nice dinner, a quick shop-about then pick up the laundry and home.

No real update on the I600. We hit day 60 since submission on Friday (the supposed max time for approval), and CIS has told us we can expect to get our approval "by Friday". I am assuming that means on Friday but hoping against hope we hear tomorrow. If we do we can possibly get out this weekend. If it is Friday I won't be able to fly out until next Thursday due to the holiday. So send out the good juju, karma and prayers over the next 12-20 hours!

If we are staying here until next week we are considering heading to Halong Bay. My only worry is that the tour we set up has us staying overnight on a boat. Trey isn't too into sleeping at night so I have a feeling it would be an all night party for everyone on board. Oh well, that is the risk they all take!

That is all from here! The best part of tomorrow is we will finally know when we are coming home. Assuming of course our government doesn't pull a fast one and not approve us until next week. With all the pestering we are doing I hope they want us out of here almost as much as we want to be gone!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Here's to good karma, prayers and what ever else! At least you will be home for Trey's birthday!

Hang in there!
popko :)

Anonymous said...

You are SO close -- and yes, we are sending all good thoughts, karma and juju your way for good news. Enjoy the warmth, it is going to be downright frigid here for the next few days.

Even though it is cold, I know you ache to come home. And so many people can't wait for that to happen. Like us!

Leeanne, Ron and Ellie

Anonymous said...

Feel the love CJ...sending you good vibes across the miles.

I'm packing up Trey's first Walla Walla Care Package this week knowing you'll both be home in a blink (Ok...a long slow blink).

Prayers coming your way...

Love.. Bird

Emily said...

pulling for you!
and for me:) i am at the 60 day mark on friday as well.

Anonymous said...

I am sending my good vibes your way. I have enjoyed your updates but can't wait to see you and meet Trey.

Blessings and Peace,
Ash

Stacy said...

I sure am sending all the good vibes your way - it is time for you to get that approval and have some progress! I can only imagine how anxious you are to get home.

Can't wait until we both get home and can finally meet up - it'll be one heck of a meeting!

And of course Trey is darn cute - but I know he'll be darn cuter when he gets HOME to Minnesota.

Barry's said...

Hi Cindy-

It's going to be, as one news reporter put it, "Character Building Cold" in the next 5 days, subscribing to murphys law, that should mean you get your approval immediately! See how I'm working the system for you to come home soon?!
Much love and warm thoughs,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Good thoughts coming from Olympia!!! I'm SO praying and hoping for you Cindy!! I just KNEW there would be news when we returned from DC! :-) You can do this...returning home is just around the corner...As I end every comment to your blog: that little Trey-man cannot get any CUTER!!!! It's the 17th there as I'm writing this....I'm hoping you're hearing something as I write.... Love, LIZZY-BETH

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Just catching up on your blog. I can't believe how Trey has changed in all the pictures. He is so handsome! I also can't believe you are not home yet. Lots of rayers for good news...hopefully you will be here soon....it is really cold so it would figure you would come home to this.
Meg M

Kathy said...

Hey Cindy...

Have been thinking of you two every day...and praying it will be down to "days" soon!

You and Trey look wonderful...can hardly wait to meet him and give you a hug!

Love from us...

Kathy, Nikki & Donavan

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I enjoyed reading through your blog. What an adventure ~ AND a beautiful new baby boy! The best is yet to come on the journey of parenthood. I look forward to meeting Trey at Kendra's wedding! Rita Urbanek