Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Home Sweet Home!


We made it back to MN safe and sound last Friday night. The two of us were greeted by a bunch of wonderful friends at the aiport. It was better than I could have ever imagined.

So now we are getting settled. Trying to help Trey learn how to sleep in a room all alone. After 11+ months of always having others around this is no small feat. But we are both working hard at it! We have been seeing some friends and getting out as much as you can when the windchill is -500. Ok, that may be an exaggeration but it sure feels like it.

I have a few favorite moments since I have returned home. One is introducing my niece's little boy to Trey. They are 2 months apart and we live just across the alley from each other. We are convinced that these two are going to own the alley! I popped over there tonight to let the boys play for a few minutes before bedtime. What a wonderful treat. Another is that my parents just couldnt stand it and hopped a flight home from Florida to meet Trey (thier 15th grandchild).

I am humbled by the love and generosity of my family and friends throughout this journey. It has continued as I have returned and I have been brought to tears on many occassions (i am not one to cry a lot!).

So thank you once again. Trey and I are starting a new life here in MN. I am so in love with him. I have no doubt that he will be loved and spoiled - by me and many, many others!

Cindy and Trey

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

CJ -- I'm not much for tears either, but seeing you and Trey at the airport was so amazing and emotional for me. What a happy pair you are!

Aren't we just the luckiest Mamas ever?

Leeanne

DiJo said...

Hi Cindy!
Welcome home and congratulations on your GORGEOUS new baby boy! Leeanne just shared your site with me! I quickly scrolled through just to get a glimpse of your journey. WOW is all I can say! Clearly your perseverance paid off, and you are a family!!!! Blessings to you as you get settled in. Ruby Mei and I would love to meet up with you two sometime! Blessings to you both!
-Diana

Anonymous said...

Hey CJ.

So glad your homecoming at the airport was wonderful. What a great group of friends and family you have. Looking forward to meeting Trey in May.

Love the "fell asleep in the high chair" picture. I have a few of those myself.

Bird

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! We are beyond excitement. Let us know when you're ready for a play date. I know two three year olds who love little kids they can dote on (is that even a word?! And I can't wait to hear the behind the scenes from your trip. Welcome home :):)
Karen, Jerry, Max & Elin

Anonymous said...

So glad you 2 are home safe and sound. Sounds like you and Trey have some awesome people in your life!

Anonymous said...

Cindy~ Talked to Ed today and he shared the wonderful news and your site! Love the pictures, what a journey, and boy is he a cutie! Please when you come up for air, check in with us, we would love to catch up. The Colorado Wolds.