Thursday, January 10, 2008

US Weekly - Hanoi edition

I love US Weekly - it is a total Hollywood trash magazine! My favorite section is always the part called "They are just like us" where they show Hollywood's elite doing "normal things" like picking up laundry or eating ice cream. So here is the Hanoi edition for you....

Trey J, he is just like us. He loves bath time


Trey enjoys a good book


and like all good Vietnamese, Trey rides a scooter!


Not much news here. We are just hanging out enjoying our time. We went to a great park this afternoon, absolutely beautiful. The older kids are able to run around and burn off some energy. The park is already getting ready for Tet (New Year), which is next month. It is a huge country-wide celebration that I really hope I don't get to see!

Still no word on our approval. We spend a lot of time trying to ask our govt agencies over here to start the process - all this time and they really have not yet begun. Unbelievable!

Brother Bill is stepping in as the General Contractor to my house put back together. To thank him how about you all go buy a new car from him?! Let me know if you are in the market, I will hook you up! (thanks billy!!!!).

That is all for now. Have a good day!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy-
You are too funny, what a photogenic son you have, Lady.
You know there is actually a children's book called Everybody Poops for potty training, you may be onto a trend in child rearing!
Have a great day,
peace-
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hi Cindy. I finally got to go through your blog and catch up on your adventures on the other side of the planet. First, your son is beautiful! You two look so happy - I'm thrilled for you. Second, I give you so much credit for being patient and being so adventurous over there. You seem to be filling each and every day with something new. Good for you. Third, I'm crossing all my fingers and toes and saying prayers that you and Trey get your approvals lined up asap so you can come home and get started on your "real" life. Take care - I will be checking the blog daily now. Miss you!

Christy

Anonymous said...

CJ - my apologies, it has been awhile since I have caught up on your "excellent" adventure. You certainly know how to finish one year and begin the next! Never a dull moment (regardless of what side of the world you are on). Even though I am just catching up again, I want you to know that you and Trey are in my thoughts and prayers. God will soon be bringing you and your son home and you will have such amazing stories (and photos, right!) to share with him (and family and friends) for the years to come. Get ready for God to bless you abundantly! Keep the faith, take care, be well and God Bless you & Trey. bk

Unknown said...

Hi Cynthia! Oh my goodness, you look so HAPPY with your sweet baby. He is beautiful. Just looking at your smile says it all!! J.T. and I are praying for you and we will call for a quick end to the red tape so that you can get home soon. You will have divine "favor" with the officials there. Anyway, just wanted to say Hello and thank you for keeping up the blog! Lots of Love to you and Trey!! Hugs and Kisses, Casey Thomas

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
I just found your site again - and, WOW, he's so cute!!! I hope you get to your home soon. Your amazing journey into motherhood has really already begun.

Take care - there's no advise for you because I know you'll do great.
By for now, I will keep checking!
Love Joanne

Anonymous said...

Cindy-
I've been reading your blogs every few days and you guys look so happy! I'm very anxious to meet Trey when you guys get back. I think he and Greta would have loads of fun playing together. We'll watch your updates to find out when you're back, Good Luck with all of the paperwork!

Jeanne Tompkins

Amanda1700 said...

Ok seriously .. he's absolutely adorable. Keep the pictures coming. Keep your spirits up, I'm praying for everything to work out so you can get home and show him off to all of us. I love you and miss you!
~Amanda