Friday, January 4, 2008

What a drag....



As I mentioned in a previous post, I went to the Embassy today. I was the one to represent the five families currently waiting for our approvals. We were hoping that by explaining our extenuating circumstances they may make us a priority to finalize the approvals. Well, they are not expediting things on our behalf. His best estimate is that we will be here for 1-2 more weeks. UUUGH. There is a lot of details that I won't bore you with, but now I guess I just hope it is closer to one week than two. We aren't giving up and are still working other angles, but I am not very hopeful that our time will decrease.

On top of that...Trey was seeming a bit off. A little warm, didn't eat much at breakfast or lunch. I realized after his afternoon nap that his fever was going up. We got outside for a little while - fresh air could help. Once I got back to the hotel and tried to feed him this was one sick little boy. I think I cried more than he did as he was puking away. He rallied a bit tonight but has still eaten only a couple of crackers and fell asleep at 6:30. Seemed like a perfect ending to this day.

On a more positive note...you know the saying it takes a village? No where is that more true than in my life right now. The people I am here with are amazing. They are here for me unconditionally. Never more true that when Trey's puke was all over and Bets had it cleaned up while Beata hugged both Trey and I. David is always grabbing little toys for Trey. Brian and Caroline tag team watching him if I am grabbing something to eat. And yesterday Bets and Beata walked with him while I got a run in - my sanity was saved!!! And my friends and family at home are keeping me in touch and feeling not so far away. It makes such a difference.

So while things haven't turned out exactly the way I pictured them I still consider myself incredibly lucky. Now I am going to wash some pukey clothes then pour myself a big glass of wine and order some Pho from room service.

Keep the prayers coming, maybe the USCIS will surprise and delight us with an early approval!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Someday, the memories of puke and fevers will be so sweet and the tears will be replaced with laughter. You are doing an amazing job - Hang in there! Popsicles, cold applesauce and sorbet are great for fevers if you can find them. Love and prayers, Popko :)

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry that Trey was sick!! A sick child is not any fun and I imagine it's even worse when you're trying to deal with it a hotel! They typcially recover quickly though so hopefully he will be back to his old self soon! Hang in there! We're thinking of you! Mollie

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Cindy. Hugs to you both! All of us reading this blog can certainly relate to being puked on. Andther priveldge of parenthood. Or uncle and aunthood for that matter.

Crushed ice will keep him hydrated if ya can't find the other things mentioned. (Sorbet does sound yummy)

And of course wine and pho is a great mommy tonic. Will continue the prayers for speedy paperwork.

Dare I say better to be puking in the hotel then on the plane (Justin did that once...barf bags are amazing...steal some for your car)

Hugs...Bird

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Trey is back to his perky self today and you've regained some sanity (and clean clothes). Yes, the puking is one of those weird bonding things between a mother and child. I'm am thankful you have found true friends who can bail you out when needed. The village is a beautiful thing.
Take care - Meg

S. said...

Congrats on your son, he is beautiful!

I am waiting for I600 approval, and hoping that you can clarify your situation. Why did your group travel w/out the I600 approval? We have provincial approval and we are hoping that it will be extended if we don't get the I600 in time.

Also, any other details you can share about the I600 process that they told you at the embassy would help!
Thank you!
my e-mail is deacongirl at roverusa dot com

Anonymous said...

Bummer about the never-ending delays, Cindy. But it sounds like you're with a great group of people who together are making the best of a stressful situation. All of these stresses will fade from view once you get home! We're waiting anxiously for you.
Kim, Steve, and Tu

Unknown said...

Oh Cin, you are so amazing! I know that this must be really hard. I am always thinking and praying for you. I love you and stay strong!

Anonymous said...

CJ, Trey is SO adorable; I just can't get over it. It's again been a few days since I've had a chance to check the blog, and it sounds like it's been another eventful week! There's not much worse than a sick kid...unless of course you count having a sick kid in a hotel room in a foreign country :)
We're all praying for you and hoping for your speedy return. Hang in there!
Kim

Anonymous said...

It's so hard to watch your baby be sick! All part of your new job now! He's a blessed little boy to have a mama that loves him so very much. I know you must be feeling frustrated and I am so proud of you for handling all of this with a sense of humor. Someday this might be funny to look back on!? Lots of love to you and Trey, Angie, Craig & Sydney

Anonymous said...

Hang in there kid. Your in my thoughts everyday. Trey looks like he is having tons of fun. You two look like you have bonded quite nicely.
I'm sure he was thinking"I love you mommy" the whole time he was trying to return his lunch. Did you ever see the movie PARENTHOOD when Steve Martin gets puked on by his daughter? His wife walks into the room afterwards and askes him why he hasn't gotten a towel and he turns to her and says " I'm just waiting to see if her head spins around". HAHA!
Can't wait to see you two. Think positive.
Hank