Wednesday, December 12, 2007

And the crowd goes wild!


It is official - Trey and I are on big (small?) happy family! Here is how the day played out....

Up early as I was too excited to sleep (Sandy is getting sick of THAT!). We had breakfast at the hotel and left for the care center at 8. We got there and the kids are all playing on the floor - there is a bit pile of toys in the middle and the kids are mostly on their stomachs trying to grab something. They encouraged the 3 families to take their kids outside away from all the excitement. Trey and I walked around the compound for a while then hung out on a bench with one of the other families. It is really pretty there - flowering trees, a playground, a few of the older kids playing around. Trey is very content to hang out as long as someone is holding him (gee, tough job!). Once Trey crashed out we put him in his crib and played with the other kids. Yesterday afternoon I was able to spend time with his nanny and get his schedule, likes, dislikes etc so today we were just able to hang out. After a while most all of the kids were napping so back to the hotel we went.

At the hotel we packed up, big lunch (the food here is incredible! Every meal is a "THIS is my new favorite thing" type experience) and loaded back into the bus to drive over to the Ministry of Justice. It was a pretty amazing ceremony. Each family had their ceremony seperately with 4 representatives from the provincial government. Once we were all officially official we had to hang a bit longer for the paperwork. Then the 3+ hour drive back to Saigon began.

You would think that 3 kids all just tossed in with families and loaded into a bus would be a bit upset. I expected a chaotic ride back! Nope, kids were all perfect and mostly stared out the window in awe.

Now it is getting late. Trey is crashed out on the bed and looking pretty cute. Tomorrow I need to apply for his passport and start our journey home.

I will post some pics tomorrow!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!! Officially official! That is so wonderful. Another chapter in your amazing journey together.

Hugs to you all...

love birdie
ps...you got a list of likes and dislikes?!?! Lucky dog. I coulda used one of those with my #1!

Lee said...

I'm delighted things are going so smoothly on the official front, and more importantly, on the Trey front! Sounds like you are bonding well, and that he is a very special little boy. As amazing as it is to love a child you've never held, how MUCH more amazing it is to finally hold that child and give them the love you've held for so long in your heart. Enjoy these precious moments -- even though there are naturally so many more to come...

Leeanne

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

Awesome! The boys are very excited to meet Trey. I read your updates to them every day.

Love,

The Barry Boys

Anonymous said...

Two worlds - one family! Congratulations!
love,
Sherra

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Cindy and Trey! The rest of the trip should be fun, exciting, and relaxing in its own unique way. Enjoy!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! You make a beautiful family... thanks for sharing your journey with us (I'm addicted to this blog, so keep it coming!).

Love,
Michelle

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS CINDY!!! You and Trey look like the perfect family already!! I am so excited for you!! Before I left for the hospital I logged on and read that you had arrived and have been so curious as to what has been going on!! I can't wait for Trey to meet Alex and my daughter, (yep, I was totally wrong!) Zoe Elizabeth!
Congrats again!!! Mollie, Dean, Alex and Zoe

Unknown said...

That is so fantastic! I'm so happy for you CJ. Can't wait to meet the little guy!

Anonymous said...

Cindy and Trey! YEA!!!! The Brown "crowd" IS going wild! :-) I absolutely can't wait until we (probably the girlfriends before the Brown "crowd" :-) ) meet you, Trey! And Cindy, I absolutely can't wait until we can hear, in person, about this amazing time! I can't even begin to express how happy I am for you two! LIZZY-BETH

Anonymous said...

WHAT A GREAT EXPERIANCE!! KARA AND I ARE SO VERY EXCITED FOR YOU!! WE CANNOT WAIT TO MEET TREY. ENJOY THE REST OF YOUR JOURNEY AND KEEP THE UPDATES COMING!!
BROTHER BILL

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Cindy! I am so happy for you that it is official! Trey is so cute, Maddie and I can't wait to meet him :)

Safe travels and keep posting pictures!

Tara