Saturday, December 22, 2007

Welcome to Saturday


Hi all

It is Saturday night as I write this and we just got back from an amazing experience. The 3 families went to dinner down in the happening part of town. We had a great meal and the boys were all well behaved (well, for 3 boys under 2!). As we came out we looked to the right which is one of the main drags. What a spectacle! It looked like a parade. There were a ton of scooters out, most with little kids dressed in Santa costumes. Christmas music blaring. Horns honking. Cameras flashing. I just can't describe how cool it was, totally amazing.

Today was fun. Trey was up way too early and so was I. By the time we were done with breakfast he was ready for his morning nap, and so was I! We both woke up much happier. We then headed down to the Ben Thanh market which is huge. It contains just about everything you would ever need. The woman working it grab you as you walk through and "madame, madame what do you need?". It was a bit overwhelming but very cool. We then just walked and shopped and had some lunch. The heat during the middle of the day totally kicks your butt so back to the hotel for a nap for Trey. That was most of the day.

A big deal today was the oldest of three boys (at 18 months) said his first English words today! It was "oh yea"! If you knew his older sister you would know how appropriate it is, she says it all the time.

That is all from here. We didn't take a single picture today so I will post one that is a few days old. My sister bought Trey some silk pajamas when we were in Ben Tre - they are HOT!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey Cin-

I'm so jealous that you all went to Ben Than market with out me! It sounds amazing. Trey looks adorable in his old man pjs, I miss you guys terribly, enjoy and soak in every mintue of it!

loves of love,
sandy

Anonymous said...

i want a pair of those pj's!!

brother bill

Anonymous said...

Those pjs are FANTASTIC!!! And I didn't think that kid could get any cuter!!!! I want a hard copy of that photo for my fridge!!! :-) Love ya! LIZZY-BETH

Anonymous said...

Tell Kate her sis wants a pair of silk p.j.'s just like Trey's... (Though Trey looks WAY cool in his!)

Missy ; >