Monday, December 31, 2007

New Year's Rockin Eve


We are on the countdown to 2008 over on this side of the world. It is 8:15 so just a few hours to go. The horns outside are honking making it feel very festive (oops, I guess they always do that).

Today we had to go renew our visas. Our current visas expire next weekend so we had more paperwork and waiting in line to get them extended - we are very good at that now. We asked for a 90 day extension instead of the 30 just to be safe. Don't tell anyone but if it comes anywhere close to that timeline I will need to be locked up after safely getting Trey home to MN! The government official said to our agency contact that we were all very loud (it was 3 families with 3 boys). We thought maybe we should go camp out at the Consulate - if she was willing to do anything to get us out of there after 35 minutes, maybe we would finally get our approval! About that - no word today.

So not a great way to spend NYE day, but this evening made up for it. 13 of us went out for a great dinner. It was traditional Vietnamese, not really sure what I had but it was noodles and beef I think - what is not to love there! The company was excellent as always. Then back to the hotel where a few of the boys played until it was time to crash. Once I am sure Trey is asleep I am going to go across the hall to hang with some friends. It is actually more social that my past NYEs!

No big plans tomorrow. Rumor has it that the sun may come out - that is a reason to celebrate as we have not seen the sun since we left Saigon. We are doing the baby coop thing so we can all have time to do what we want to do every few days. A great way to keep sane!

Trey and I were talking about New Year's resolutions. Here are some of his:

Trey:
no more puking (at least not direct hits on mom)
sleep through the night
Learn to crawl (but not until after the 30 hours of flying)
Learn to sit patiently for no more than an hour at a time in a running stroller.

Sounds easy enough right? Trey, you have some serious work to do!

This picture was at our dinner tonight. It was an outdoor table which I wasn't quite prepared for - just one of the many, many time I have been scolded over here because "baby cold".

Have a safe and wonderful New Year's Eve!

8 comments:

Barry's said...

Happy New Years, Cindy and Trey

Baby Cold! I think you need to carry around a picture of your back yard right now. When the ladies start to scold you, show them the pictures and say, "baby hasn't seen anything yet!" It's a beautiful snowy morning here, we all wish you were here with us. Happy New Year and good luck on those resolutions!
peace and love,
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hey CJ.

I think your idea of taking everyone to the consolate is a great idea!! They will ship you out in no time. Noisy westerners....

Love Trey's resolutions. Especially the jog stroller!

Happy New Year friend.

Love
Bird

Anonymous said...

Happy New Years!!!! I just logged on to your blog, and the clock says 12:05 so it is indeed the New Year on your side of the world! I hope you and trey enjoy and we continue to pray for a swift and safe journey home for all of you.
brother bill

Jennifer said...

Happy New Year! It will be a great 2008 with Trey! I agree let the kids go yell and scream at the consolate and have a sign MN or Bust....They won't be able to resist his cute face! A great big toast to you tonight! JP

Anonymous said...

What a cutie Trey is!!!
Happy New Year!

Ann

Anonymous said...

I love Trey's resolutions! Let's hope for sunshine tomorrow and good news this week. Happy New Year to you guys!

Anonymous said...

Well, I'm a little late with my New Year's wishes for you two! You've already had New Year's day!!! :-) GREAT photos and I loved hearing about the trip you took! I'm laughing hysterically at the resolutions for Trey .... he'll meet them in NO time...I didn't see any for you, though! :-) Happy New Year, my friend! I just know that paperwork will come through soon! LIZZY

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year dear friend! Hugs to you both. Lisa