Thursday, December 20, 2007

Back to reality?



We left the beach this afternoon and are now back in Saigon. What a great escape to be able to spend a few days at a beautiful beach. Everyone came back relaxed, tan and with pretty toes (at least some of us!).

Our last evening at the beach started with an impromptu happy hour at our bungalow. A security guard brought over a few mats for the boys to hang on and the other two families stopped by. Lots of laughs and storys. We had dinner on property as Sandra was dying for the Thai Hot Pot - and it was every bit as good as she dreamed! All in all it was a wonderful way to wrap up 5 days at the beach.

Tomorrow (Friday)is a big day. I will pick up Trey's passport in the morning. In the afternoon he has his medical check needed for his Visa. We also have everything crossed that we will hear on our I600 approval. If we don't get our approval tomorrow Trey and I will be delayed coming home. With the holidays hitting next week the Embassy will be closed a few days so it is hard to tell when we will hear.

Sandra heads back tomorrow and while I am so happy she will be home for Christmas I am sad to see her go. My little sister has been a wonderful teacher on how to do this parent thing. Plus she is always willing to help with a bottle or diaper! If you have not checked out her blog I have a link on the right nav - check it out as she has a very unique approach to what she is blogging!

Enjoy the pictures of Trey! And please send out all good juju, prayers and mojo that our approval will come through. As much as I am loving being in Vietnam I am getting a little antsy to come home and start out "real" life.

5 comments:

Duddy said...

I strongly support your decision to start Trey out with a soccer ball. Hoping that everything goes through and you two will be able to get back here ASAP. I wish i could be there enjoying the culture, but i look forward to hearing about it in person.
-Cheers

Anonymous said...

Juju, mojo and Prayers all in full swing here. Will keep all of you in our thoughts for safe and quick travels home.

Love the pictures of the young master Trey, CJ. But I'd like to see your smiling mug next to his as well!

I hope you are brining home the recipe for Pho. Katie and Sandy's reviews have me expecting it when Ellie, Liz and I come for visit this Spring!

Merry Christmas friend. You are a blessed woman!

Love Bird

Anonymous said...

Trey is so adorable. Glad to hear you had a wonderful time at the beach.
Good luck with I600 approval!!!

Ann

Anonymous said...

Cindy, I just ready every entry of your blog to catch up. What a journey! Tears of joy are flowing right now. Sounds like Vietnam would be a great vacation destination. I will say a prayer that all is approved tomorrow so that you can travel as scheduled. Can't wait to see you and Trey back on home turf. Love the photos!!

Amanda1700 said...

G'day Cindy!! I agree with Dustin .. the soccer ball is awesome!! Start the kid young! I'm keeping you two in my prayers constantly and I hope everything goes smoothly the next few days. I can not wait for you to bring the little guy home. We'll have girls night with Trey!! Good luck with everything and keep the pictures coming. We'll miss you on Christmas but I'm so glad you get to spend it with your son. What a great blessing! I love you and can't wait to see you and little Trey!!
Cheers!
~Amanda