Friday, December 21, 2007

TGIF and passports!



Hi all

Big day here in Saigon. We started by saying goodbye to Sandra. I am so sorry to see her go. Actually everyone has commented today how sad they are to see her leave. She was a major member of the group. I look forward to hearing any adventures she has doing the long travel back!

We went and picked up Trey's passport this morning - so smooth. This afternoon was the medical check. Not quite as easy! Let's just say I don't think I want to get sick here. But in we went and after about a 30 minute wait Trey was up. He did great for about a minute and as soon as the stethoscope touched his chest you would think they were killing the poor kid. All they do is weigh, measure and listen to their chest...gee, what a baby.

After that it was an almost 3 hour wait for the documentation needed. Waiting in 90+ heat, no AC during nap time wasn't very fun. But in the end mission accomplished and we have 3 boys with medical clearance.

We all celebrated tonight at an awesome restaurant. I know every post seems to at least touch on the food but come on, it is just too good to not mention.

Tomorrow and Sunday are total tourist days. It seems weird to have been here 2 weeks and we have not really seen much of the city. So that is the plan.

No word on the I600 approval except that they have our application. I guess that is a good place to start, but we are all now anticipating a delay on the departure date. If Trey and I fly out next Friday we will be thrilled and shocked.

For those of you at work today take it easy ok...you don't want to do too much as you go into a 4 day weekend (Kim G and Kelly A - this does not apply to you of course!!)!

Best,
Cindy

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Cin - what a great picture of you and Trey. 90 degree heat? Ugh! I guess enjoy it while you can. Keep the humor and the blogs coming. I do miss that humor of yours that we can hear through your blogs. You're too funny girl. I've got all my fingers and toes crossed and saying all sorts of prayers for you that you get to come home next Friday. Eat some more pho for me. :)

Tina

kg said...

Cynthia,
Heartfelt congratulations and all my best for a wonderful holiday on the other side of the world! I was commenting to Aaron T. that your picture with Trey today just looks like you've been his Mom for...well about 9 1/2 months now. We all enjoy reading your blog...so keep it up.
Blessings,
Kris G.

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!! So glad you got the passport and clearance! I'm still hopeful that our maternity leaves will overlap.

Have a very merry Christmas... you are blessed!

-Michelle

Anonymous said...

Cindy! I'm keeping all fingers crossed that you start the journey home next Friday...you will! I just know it! Dang, that "Mr. Trey" is SO, SO cute!!!! :-) It really sounds like everything has just been wonderful! What a wonderful Christmas blessing for you! Merry, merry!!! I want to see Christmas morning photos of all of you!!! :-) LIZZY-BETH

Anonymous said...

CJ. Amzing picture of your son in your arms! Nice of Trey to put his own stamp (his front teeth!) on his Passport...very authentic!

Glad med check went well. Will hold a good thought for the I600.

Merry Christmas friend.

Love bird

Anonymous said...

CJ! This is awesome! Congratulations on the PP - big step. What a Christmas 2007 to remember. God sends His son from Heaven to earth so that He can take us from earth to Heaven one day. God gives you your perfect little angel - which probably has you feeling closer to heaven than every before. God Bless you and your son and bring you safely home. Have a Blessed & Merry Christmas, CJ & "TJ" (?). bk