Thursday, December 13, 2007

An interesting day....


Hi all

We started today at the hotel breakfast...it is so funny, the staff here all goes crazy over the kids. When we walked in one of the servers came up and took Trey away from me. All the others crowded around - total rock star treatment!

Today was the day to apply for Trey's passport so the two dads and I (and of course our agency reps) headed over to the government building just a few blocks away. You take your life in your hands every time you go there as you have to cross a crazy intersection to get there. We went in and it is packed with people. We get the forms filled out then wait our turn to submit it all. The very official person behind the desk decided they didnt like the way the photos were attached and so we had to leave, go back to the hotel where we have access to a copier. Get that all done, back over to the Gov't building crossing the intersection of death for the 3rd time....nope, they are closed for lunch! Back to the hotel for lunch then back for the 3rd time to the big building. Third time was a charm! That was the good news. The not as great news is Trey's passport won't be ready until Dec 25th. That leaves only the slimmest of chances that I will catch my scheduled flight on the 28th. New Years Eve in Hanoi is looking like the plan.

The rest of the afternoon was spent planning our next week. We picked an incredible (hopefully) resort on the beach - about 3 or so hours from the city. We head out on Saturday.

Tonight a great dinner of Pho at a close restaurant and now Trey is once again crashed out.

That is the update from here. Tomorrow is pretty casual, probably some sightseeing and a bit of shopping plus Katie arrives.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cynthia~ How wonderful for you! The whole team is watching for news and having a great time as you begin your journey as a family with Trey! By the way, I think he looks like you!! Lis

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

The government experience sounds like the MN DMV, big fun! Good to read Trey is getting the "Rock Star" treatment, very well deserved.

Have fun at the beach as we freeze are you know whats off over here, although it was 19 degrees this morning, downright balmy.

Hugs and kisses to my wife, you and Trey.

Love,

Brian

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I love seeing them....I can't wait to see photos of the "rock star" on the beach! :-) I bet that passport will be the best Christmas present you've received in a LONG time!!!! :-) You're doing a great job keeping us all up to date! I am loving logging on each day and reading about Trey's first days with his mommy!!!! LIZZY-BETH
P.S. Tell Sandy her entries and photos are GREAT, too....I have to say...I loved the food commentary --- she should write for a food magazine!!! I am SO glad she's there with you...hi to Katie when she gets there!!!! What fun!

Troy G. said...

Cynthia:

We're so happy for you and Trey. The team misses you. Do you miss us? ha, ha

It's so cool visiting your blog to follow your journey together. Enjoy!

Troy

Anonymous said...

CJ - congratulations on your little man! He is one handsome angel. And, the picture of you holding him is beautiful - truly a picture of love. Another one of God's promises has come true ... Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you", declares the Lord, "Plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Plans to give you hope and a future." I see great hope and a wonderful future for you and your family. What a Christmas! God Bless you. bk

Anonymous said...

Hey CJ. Great pic of you with Trey on your hip...is that a Diaper bag I see on your shoulder? You certainly look like you belong together!!

Will hold a good thought for expedited passport for Mr. Trey. Enjoy the beach resort. I really don't remember my first few days with my babies beinging this pampering!

I concur with Lizzy. Sandy needs to write for a food mag!!

Love,

Bird

Anonymous said...

Cindy...Thank you for sharing these very special days and experiences with all of us as you've begun this next phase of your journey.

It's so great to see the pictures and read about what's happened each day! It makes it seem like we're all there with you...

Lots of love, (safety for crossing the roads), and many more wonderful days and experiences for you, Trey, Sandy and Katie... until you return safely home with Trey. Can't wait to see you and meet him!! Kathy

Anonymous said...

You can tell by the giant smile on your face and they way your eyes light up just how happy you are. It's awesome!

Congratulations new mommy!

-Bill

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

I think reading this stuff is my favorite part of the day! So amazing and I just cant stop staring at him. He is beautiful.

Cant wait to see you :)

Anonymous said...

Wow CJ! Congratulations! Trey looks awesome and happy. You are super lucky! And so is he!!!

Marcus wants to teach him Guitar Hero :).

-AV

Anonymous said...

Aww...Trey looks so happy!

Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Cynthia! What a smile you two put on my face....I love seeing Trey in your arms! You are so thoughtful to share your experience with all of us.....it's the best bedtime story I've ever read. Lexi says "hooray for you"...we can't wait to play with your little guy! xxoo Lori and Lexi

Anonymous said...

I can't think of a better way to ring in 2008 than celebrating your new family status with Trey!! It sound like you are having an amazing experience there. I can't wait to see you and meet little Trey. Continued safe and happy travels. Nicole

Amanda1700 said...

Cindy .. I'm in love with him. He's soooo adorable.
It was so great to talk to you yesterday! It sounds like you and Aunt Sandy are having so much fun!
Enjoy your beach house!! Take LOTS of pictures!!
I love you!!
~Amanda

Anonymous said...

Trey is so cute! He is definitely showing off for all his fans here in the states! Enjoy the beach - Love, Lisa & Lizzy M.