Friday, December 28, 2007

the group is getting smaller

Hi all

It was kind of a sad Friday today. Katie left this morning to head back to the states. I am so sad to see her go, and not just because she carried my stuff for me! Then this afternoon Ryan and Olivia caught their flight. They are the dad and sister of one of the boys. It is going to be so weird to not have them around - Olivia kept me totally entertained (and Trey loves her) and Ryan is just simply the best. I hope all 3 have very easy trips home.

We moved to our new setup this morning. It will work just fine - it is quieter than my other room which is great, but it has almost no window so its pretty dark in here. Maybe that will help with the sleeping!

We did some street shopping this afternoon - in search of a belt. For a country full of smaller people they sure only seem to carry huge belts! I decided to just let the pants hang a while longer! Dinner was at a great Indian restaurant where I ate way too much. Guess I shouldn't ask for a highchair, I don't eat as much when Trey is on my lap!

No word on the approvals. Looks like it will be at least another week, probably longer before we can head stateside. We have some good outings planned so the time will go fast. I am trying to change my attitude to be less of a tourist and more of a local - get down to more of a routine. Find a way to get a run in. Get Trey on a schedule. Organizes my photos. I wish I had my Christmas cards here, it would be a great time to get those done too (although who am I kidding, I am so not sending them out this year. Maybe I will get some announcements out though!). The support I have received from families and friends have made this journey possible. thank you. Please keeps the posts and emails coming, it makes me feel not so far away!

No pictures tonight...harder to take them when Trey is in the front pack pulling at the strap!

Love to all,
Cindy

3 comments:

Barry's said...

Cindy,

Sorry to read the paperwork is taking so long, we keep praying it will happen sooner rather than later. Everyone here misses you and we can not wait to have you and Trey back home.

Mom and Dad headed back to Florida today and they left several presents for you and Trey and they will be waiting for you when you get home.

Love,

The Barry's

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy.

So what about the Freedom from Paperwork Act?!?!?! Maybe it is the Freedom from getting Paperwork done in a timely manner Act...

Will keep fingers crossed and prayers going that the paper pushers will push papers your way.

You are almost home.

Love,

Bird

Anonymous said...

So glad all is well. Sorry to hear you're not on your way back to the U.S. just yet...but we all have our fingers crossed that we'll see you SOON! That kid is pretty darn adorable. What a blessing that you could be together on Christmas. See you soon,
Kim