Thursday, December 27, 2007

the days are cruising by...




Hi all

It is Thursday evening here in Hanoi. The past two days have been pretty fun! The weather has not cooperated and it rained most of yesterday and part of today causing us to redo our plans. Yesterday morning we found the local supermarket. That may not sound too exciting to most (including me!) but when I can have a little control over what Trey eats I feel a bit better. Plus it allowed me to stock up on crackers giving me freedom to roam with my boy without him screaming! In the afternoon we went to the Water Puppet Show. It is very cool and has a long history in Vietnamese tradition. Trey thought it was ok but really preferred the entire package of crackers it took to keep him quiet so I could watch it - good thing we found the market!

We roamed the Old Quarter for a while after the show which is amazingly beautiful. Makes me want to strap on the running shoes and do a loop or two. We had dinner down there and then back to the hotel to crash.

Today we spent the morning re-doing our hotel situation. We were being way over charged and so had to make some changes. All taken care of but we lost the morning as we switched things around. We more than made up for it this afternoon! Back down to the Old Quarter where we had a great lunch of ice cream. Then we hit the shopping area. Seriously - anything you want is there. One street was just silk. One was shoes. It is really cool - and this from a gal who does not like to shop!

Tonight we had dinner with 3 other families. It is Katie's last night. I am so sorry to see her go. What an amazing friend to fly across the world just to meet my son and help me out. Although she would not change a poopy diaper for the entire 2 weeks she was here she was still a great help! Things are going to change a lot tomorrow as I am more on my own. I still have the other families to help - and they are all wonderful people. But it will be different to not to have the help I am used to. Between Sandy and Katie I have been well taken care of.

Hope all is well at home and the snow is lightening up. If it isnt I hope you are getting out to enjoy it! I wish I was there to do a bit of snowshoeing!

5 comments:

Lee said...

Loving all the updates and the fabulous photos. The only thing better will be finally having you both home, home, home!!!

Anonymous said...

Cindy
Those pictures of Trey are so adorable!
Wish you lots of lucks with I600 approval.

Ann

Anonymous said...

Hi Cin-

Man, it sounds like I missed the best shopping, maybe I should come back!?!
Give Kate a hug from me,

peace
Sandy

Anonymous said...

Hey Cindy,
my name is Laurie, and I'm here in VN awaiting for our darn i-600 approval as well with my husband and our 1st son. my email address is laurie at goodhappenings dot com and my blog is http://goodhappenings.com/ (Pho for Four). We left for VN a day after you and have been visiting our son almost daily at his orphanage, but our agency does not do G&R's until approvals are issued. Hopefully that'll happen soon (for us and you all!).
Take care and feel free to shoot me an email! I'd love to be in touch. We're in Hoi An right now, btw.

Anonymous said...

HEY! I changed a poopie diaper! When you went for Trey's passport, he gave me a great big smelly mess to clean up. But heck, when you're there I figured it helped the bonding process for you to change his diapers.... :-) Miss you both, Katie