Friday, December 14, 2007

Another day another update

Hi all

Saturday morning here in Saigon and all is good! We are up and getting ready to head to the beach. Not sure how much I will be able to be online while there so I wanted to get one more update in!

Yesterday was good. Sandy and I walked over to the park with Trey in the Baby Bjorn (thanks BI!). He loves cruising around in that thing. There is a coffee festival going on so there were a lot of people milling around. My agency called and said that Katie had arrived and was on her way to the hotel so we headed back. A few minutes later the agency called again. They received a call from Immigration that we needed to resubmit Trey's passport paperwork. Yea, this could be trouble! So picked up what was submitted on Thursday and took it to a different office. Surprise surprise, it actually turned out much better - now his passport will be ready on 12.21!! Yippee! That means we will have his medical check that same afternoon, spend the weekend in Saigon and head to Hanoi on Monday. IF we get our I600 approval by the end of next week I am back on schedule. So fingers crossed!

The rest of the day was spent shopping and eating ice cream....a good day for all!

I head MN is really cold right now and that there may be a big storm hitting? Hope you all are surviving.

Next update from the beach!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy,
Have a wonderful time at the beach!

Ann

Anonymous said...

Oh Cindy, words cannot describe what I am feeling for you as I read all your postings. Trey is beautiful! I can hear your enthusiasm through your words and it brings tears to my eyes. I cannot wait to meet him. Your family. What a Christmas present to us all. Have fun!

Stacy said...

Fingers are definitely crossed!

Yes, freaking cold here - depending on which number I look at it is currently somewhere between 3 and -6 (and I'm sure both computer resources are oh so accurate) but in a nutshell it's COLD. Make sure someone brings a jacket for the little guy to the airport - he's not gonna know what in the world this torture is!

Glad it's going so well -

Anonymous said...

Enjoy the beach for all of us! Take lots of pictures!
Kim, Steve, Tu

Anonymous said...

OK...So I can barely read the word verification letters because my eyes are full of tears and my nose is running. Tom just walked in to see if I was OK. I am just so very happy/excited/joyful/thrilled for you. What an amazing, beautiful blessing for Christmas Cindy. You two look BEAUTIFUL together! Give Katie and Trey a squueze from Minnesota. I wish all the Machu Picchu girls were there with you! xxoo

Monica

Lee said...

Coffee festival?! OK, now I am really jealous of your trip...

More photos please!!!