Monday, December 10, 2007

Ben Tre!

What a day! Let's start with the important stuff first...it is Tuesday morning and I have not yet met Trey yet. We are heading to the orphanage after breakfast. I was off on the schedule and we were not planning on leaving in time to get to the orphanage in time to see the boys. It was fine actually as we had a great day. We roamed around Saigon for the morning, what an amazing city! It seems totally chaotic and overwhelming at first but by Monday I was getting the hang of it. It is easy to see where the 7 million people are - all out on their scooters! I tried to get some pictures of it but it just doesnt do it justice. Brady - you could get some incredible shots over here!!

We had a great lunch at a Pho restaurant right across the street and headed to my agencys office. There we got to meet the people who are making happen over here for us. Great group of dedicated people. For any CHSFS family reading this there was no white board posted to get a picture of. After a 3 hour drive of watching this amazing life over here we hopped the ferry for a 20 minute ride across the Mekong River. Beautiful!

We had a buffett dinner at the hotel with the other familys and agency staff (there are 4 of them with us). Tons of great food - nothing too out there but a sweet/sour fish soup that was a little funky!

Now the good stuff starts! We will be at the orphanage about 8:15 and will have 2 hours to meet and get to know the boys. Then a break so they can nap and we come back this afternoon for a few more hours of getting to know each other. The G&R ceremony is tomorrow at 1:30.

I will try to post pictures tonight! Hope things are warming up in MN.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cindy, my 'refresh' key is getting worn out. I keep hitting it to see if you have another update! Can't wait to get the next one... Should be my last before I hit the friendly skies. Less than 2 days, I can barely stand it, and won't be able any work done at all tomorrow, thinking of you, meeting Trey and the G&R ceremony... This is worse than waiting for Santa Claus! Love to you, Sandy and Trey.

Anonymous said...

Cindy,

I'm so glad you are finally there and soon will have Trey in your arms forever!

Karin

Anonymous said...

Oh, Cindy. It all sounds wonderful, and is bringing back very fond memories. I wake up every day thinking about you guys. Every day. Enjoy your first day with Trey!

P.S. I'm not sure what white board you were referring to, but there was one in the office at the orphanage when we were there. It had all the kids' names and dates of birth listed.

Happy happy!
Kim

Anonymous said...

Wow - this is weird being on the other side of the blog! Glad everything is going smoothly, and that you didn't accidentally take someone else's luggage (oh wait - that was me!). Have a glorious day meeting Trey! Love, Karen, Jerry, Max and Elin